Study in the UK from Nepal
Study in the UK from Nepal - Study in the UK from Kathmandu
Our company was established in 2003 in Kathmandu, Nepal, as a Real Dreams Educational Consultancy. Since then, the company has also opened an office in the UK. Therefore, you'll also be able to get advice from our UK offices. In the following pages, we are trying to provide complete information to Nepalese students who want to come and study in the UK. In addition, you will get complete information on UK university Admission services for Nepalese students.
We want to clarify university fees, installation, exams, etc. A few examples are:
Does Educational Consultant help to find accommodation and Job?
Yes, they try their best but are not guaranteed.
Are education consultancies able to assist with University fees and fee instalments?
No. It is a matter between the student and the university. However, they give information on their scholarships.
What will happen if students fail their exams?
The university will withdraw its sponsorship if the student fails the exam.
What is the role of Education consultancy in this situation?
Sadly nothing. If you don't have a progress report ( complect the Course), no one can help.
What does Educational Consultancy do, then?
They help you find out the best university-based on your academic certificate. Similalry, they provide a hassle-free admission process. So, If you are happy, please look at the below information for UK University Admission.
Preferred Partners For Nepalease Student to Study in the UK
We work with more than 40 UK universities, and you can choose one. Currently, we work exclusively with three universities.
York St John University
Located on a large urban campus in York, England, York St John University was known as York Diocesan College. It elevated to university status in 2006. Over 6,000 students enrolled in Art, Design & Computer Science, Education, and Health Sciences programmes. In addition, they have a London campus.
The University of Worcester
Worcester University is a public research university in the United Kingdom. Herefordshire and Worcestershire are the only English counties served by Worcester University. The university was founded in 1946, started awarding degrees in 1997, and gained university status in 2005.
University of East London
The University of East London (UEL) is a public university located in the London Borough of Newham, England, with three campuses in Stratford and Docklands following the September 2013 opening of University Square Stratford. Approximately 17,000 students represent 135 countries at this university.
Overview of Study in the UK
- Multicultural, Freedom of Expression
- Nepal and the UK have more than 200 years of relationship. Nepal is pretty familiar to British Community due to Gurkha Army. Most 200K plus Nepalese live in the UK, so you will not feel alone.
- Educational qualifications from the UK are highly credited throughout the employment sector worldwide.
- The oldest established education system allows students to build the skills required to strive in the international economy. Internationally Recognised Degrees and Qualifications,
- World-Class Education in World's Best Universities,
- Modern Learning Environment with Wide Choice of Courses & Institutions
- Affordable Tuition Fee and Flexible & Shorter Duration Programs,
- Gateway to European Countries
- Two years of Post-Study Work(PSW) Visa for Graduate Students.
Now, let's elaborate.
Multicultural, Freedom of Expression
The UK is a multicultural country. You can find very quickly different ethnic groups and nationalities from all over the world. Freedom of expression is the beauty of Britain. London is the capital of the United Kingdom.
Quality of life, Study and World Recognize Qualifications
British Degrees are widely recognised, so you choose a subject that matches your significant interests, ambitions, and passions. It is a consequence of the system providing multiple societies, social events/activities, clubs, personal tutors, counsellors and many more. These facilities available to the students in the UK are unbeaten anywhere else,
Modern Learning Environment
The UK's learning environment has everything to help you stand out as a prospective employer. The balance between dependent and independent learning will help prepare you for the challenges of the work environment. In addition, the predominance of independent learning will help students engage in creative thinking.
Affordable Tuition Fee & Health
The UK institutions have a range of scholarships and bursaries offered to students where needed. The UK provides free health care; however, you need to pay health surcharges in advance. In addition, students get discounts on buses, trains and shopping.
Short Duration - Short Courses
The UK's universities offer three years of bachelor's degree and one year of Masters's Degree. As a result, you will finish your course quicker than in other destinations such as the USA or Canada.
Gateway to Europe
Whilst being a student in the UK, you can experience Europe's economies and work environments, as many central European countries are within a short distance with inexpensive and straightforward connections.
Post Study Work
Two years of Post-study work ( PSW ) suitable for international undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Now, let's have a look at Educational Institute and degree.
Types of Educational Institute
- Class-Room Based University
- Online / Open University
- College / Higher Education
- Teacher Training College
- Other Private Institute
Types of Degrees
- Levels 4, 5, 7
- Under Graduate (Bachelor Degree)
- Postgraduate (Master Degree)
- Research Degree ( PhD/ DBA)
Types of Research Degrees
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
English Language Requirements to Study in the UK
- IELTS minimum score of 6 for Postgraduate and 5.5 for Undergraduate Studies.
- Students who scored at least 65% in the English language in the 12th grade can study in the UK without IELTS. The medium of instruction throughout school & college should be English (English Medium).
- But you must provide PTE or IELTS results if you are applying as a Staff Nurse, regardless of the language of your study or the percentage of your English fluency.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
- 55% and above for humanities in XIIth.
- 70 – 80% and above for Science, Engg.
- Some Universities could also consider 2nd class.
- 60 % and above
- Work Experience
- English Language
Research Degree PhD / DBA
- Two years Master's OR M. Phil Degree
- Minimum aggregate of 55% marks
- English Language
- Certain Universities have deadlines.
- It is advised to apply at least three months in advance.
Intakes to Study in the UK
- Usually, universities offer Intake in September / October.
- However, many universities offer Jan/Feb/ April / May intake too.
UK Study Visa Checklist
As you know, Nepalese students must apply for a student visa to study a full-time degree course in the UK. A full-time degree means Bachelor or Master or PhD. Please note, student visas are not issued for part-time courses. To help students, we have a particular person who knows about visa formalities. It is imperative to have a CAS certificate issued by the licensed sponsor. The average length of the visa will be the entire length of the course plus 1 to 4 months, depending upon the size of the program. Dear Students and parents, we have made a complete checklist for students. Please have a look Study in the UK checklist from Nepal.
UK University Tuition Fees
- For Bachelor: Start from £10,000
- For Master Degree: Start from £12,000
Living Expenses - Per Year
- Outside London: £7500 to £8500
- Inside London: £7500 to £9000
Types of Accommodation
- On-Campus: Hostels (Self or Fully Catered)
- Off-Campus: Renting a Flat/ Apartment
- Homestay: Rent / Families / Friends
Scholarships to Study in the UK
All most all universities in the UK provide bursaries and scholarships for some of their students. However, it's based on their merits and performance during the study. Aside from the awards that specific departments may present to students going to the UK to further their studies, certain UK universities have unique awards for Nepalese students. In addition, scholarships supported by the British government areas below.
- Chevening Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- DFID scholarship and others
- Universities provide partial bursaries for specific courses, although the quantity is limited.
- The Undergraduate and Vocation Scholarship Scheme (UVS) is offered by over 60 universities in partnership with the British government.
- British Chevening: for deserving students wanting to study Research / Taught Postgraduate Courses in the United Kingdom.
- Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowship Plans are only available to Commonwealth residents.
- Overseas Research Students Awards Scheme for postgraduate studies.
- University-based scholarships are part bursaries ranging from £ 1000 to £ 2500 intuition price reduction.
There is Part-Time Employment available in the UK during studies, and students may earn roughly £ 8.5 plus per hour.
- Students can work up to 20 hours per week
- and full-time during holidays.
Students can work full time during holidays.
As you know, you can work full time during holidays. So, you can work as your wish. But generally, Nepalese students get jobs at restaurants, local Newspapers, and Department stores ( Off-Licence). You cannot work or renew your visa if you visit the UK as a student for six months or less.
Employment in the UK after Graduating
After graduation from a UK University, international students will be eligible for a two-year Post Studt Work (PSW) visa.
UK's Bachelor's or Master's Degree holders can convert to Tier 2 – Sponsored Skilled Category.
They can only change to TIER 2 if they are in the UK before their student visa expires.
Tier 2 (General) Work Visa
The Tier 2 (General) category is for foreign nationals who have been given a skilled job that a settled worker cannot fill.
Only Master Degree students can bring a child or partner as a dependent.
If you are coming as a Bachelor's Degree student, you can not get your dependent.
A dependent may work only if the student is enrolled in a postgraduate programme at a university.
We have noticed that students first apply only for themself and get the visa.
And they will come to the UK. Then, after that, they start the process of dependence.
Entrepreneurs' Oppertunative for Genuine Students
Once you have completed your degree, you can apply for Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa. But you need to demonstrate that your ideas are new. It means genuine students with brilliant concepts can stay in the UK to implement their ideas. The Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) pathway will expand to accommodate more excellent MBA graduates from UK higher education institutions (HEIs).
There is nothing guarantee. We are here to assist professionally.
Either University or educational consultancy does not guarantee a student visa, students' part-time work, or accommodation.
Finally, after reading all the information mentioned above, you might get some idea about studying in the UK. Please have a look at the study in the UK checklists. And if you like to process via our company, please book an appointment or visit the nearest Real Dreams office. Similalry, if you want to get regular updates, like our Social Media.