Diploma for Children and Youngsters Workforce
Diploma for Children and Youngsters' Workforce
Diploma for Children and Youngsters' Workforce - Overview
The qualification Diploma for Children and Youngsters' Workforce is intended to develop the knowledge and skills required when working with children and young people aged 0 to 19. It is divided into two pathways that cover a wide range of job roles and occupational areas:
- Social Care
- Learning, Development and Support Services
The course is for anyone who works or wants to work at a supervisory level in the children's and young people's workforce.
Your tutor will assess using various methods, including on-the-job observation, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments, or a task.
After the course, you can progress to a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health Social Care and Children and Young People's Services or a Foundation Degree.
You will be able to apply for jobs in various roles after the successful completion of the course:
- Community Care Officer
- Foster Carers
- Residential Childcare Workers
- Youth Worker
- Professional Assistant
- Family Centre Worker
- And many other related jobs
Below are the entry requirements for the course:
- The student applying for the course must be 16 years old or above.
- Basic computer skills and literacy skills are required.
- A placement or employment in a child and young people's social care setting is required because this course includes workplace assessment.